Sam Roth was born in Youngstown, Ohio in 1944. He received his Bachelors degree from Youngstown State University and a Masters degree from Cleveland State University. He started his career as an educator and after fifteen year began working in the art and design industry. Sam has always been an artist creating through photography, but mostly painting. Working in his studio daily, his focus has mainly been abstract expressionism. The sublte colors and elegant gestures leave his work to the viewers imagination for interpretation.
Sam's work has been featured in solo and group shows, public television, art galleries, and in private and corporate collections. In 2009 Sam and his work were featured on Public Television's Idea Stream. In 2014 his work was curated for a solo show by the Museum of Contemporary Art in Raliegh, North Carolina. In 2015 he was in a group show at the Butler Institute of American Art.
Sam's studio is in Cleveland's Murray Hill District. He currently resides in Cleveland Heights, Ohio.
- Butler Institute of American Art – mid year exhibit
- The Umstead Hotel and Spa on the SAS Institute campus curated by the Contemporary Art Museum Raleigh North Carolina – solo show
- Humphrey Atrium Gallery in Cleveland’s University Hospital – solo show
- One Cleveland Center - solo show
- Sweet Art Gallery - group show
- Art Source - group show
- Bonfoey Gallery - group show